2024 Prep Enrolments
We have a limited number of places still available in our 2024 Foundation (Prep) cohort. Please call the or email the office ASAP to inquire about enrolments for 2024.
2025 Prep Enrolments
The Department of Education has released an updated statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline for the 2025 school year.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Port Melbourne Primary School.
All government primary schools will follow the timeline in 2024 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2025 school year.
You can find information and resources about the timeline, including factsheets and a poster at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents and Carers’ from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2025 at Port Melbourne Primary School from 15 April 2024.
What you need to do:
- Book a school tour to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024). This pack includes an application form, which you can also request from our school.
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26 July 2024.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application between Monday 29 July and Friday 9 August 2024. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
- Prepare your child to start Foundation (Prep) from Wednesday 29 January 2025.
Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.