Our School Zone
The Port Melbourne Primary School zone is available on the Find My School website, this website hosts the most up-to-date information about school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determinded on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
All government primary schools follow a timeline process to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the following school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers’ from the Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) webpage.
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Port Melbourne Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
1. Book a school tour to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process - register for a school tour here
2. Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
3. Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
4. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
5. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
6. Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
How to Enrol
To enrol your child please make sure that:
- Your child must be 5 years old by 30 April in the year that they start school. Schooling is compulsory for children who have turned 6 years old.
- You complete an enrolment form and submit it and the following documents:
Evidence of Date of Birth – a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- Immunisation History Statement – available via MyGov portal, or the Australian Childhood Immunisation register (T: 1800 653 809, E: email@example.com).
Proof of address - E.g. current lease or contract of sale and two utility bills
And the following if applicable:
- Any parenting orders or legal matters to do with the care or safety of your child
- Medical Management Plan
- Health Care Card (to be eligible for CSEF)
- Passport/Visa documentation - for students who are non-residents
International Student Enrolments – all International Student classification enrolments must be done through the Department of Education International Student Division. Contact can be made through +61 3 9637 2990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your enrolment forms must be thoroughly completed, including your mobile phone number and address (these must always be current), names and mobile numbers of your emergency contacts, any information about the languages your child speaks and hears at home and any other health or welfare information.
If you have concerns about your child’s enrolment please call the school on (03) 9646 1001 and we will assist you.