To start primary school your child will need to turn five years old by 30 April in the year that they start school.
Your child must be at school in the year that they turn six years of age. This is the compulsory school starting age.
We suggest that you start the enrolment process as early as May the year before your child is due to start school.
Our School Zone
The Port Melbourne Primary School zone is available on the 'findmyschool' website, this website hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2021 onwards.
Please ensure before enrolling that your residential address falls within our school zone on the Find My School website, students residing in our zone are guaranteed a place at our school.
If you are interested in attending a school tour please register via this link and we will be in contact with you.
Download and complete an Enrolment Form (below), for each child you wish to enrol. The completed form(s) must be provided to the school, with the following documentation, including:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Immunisation Status Certificate (you can obtain your child’s Immunisation History Statement from your myGov account or call AIR on 1800 653 809)
- Proof of Residential Address - A rental agreement or contract of sale and two recent utility bills - gas, water, electricity or phone
And the following if applicable:
- Any parenting orders or legal matters to do with the care or safety of your child
- Medical Management Plan
- Health Care Card
- Passport/Visa documentation
Your enrolment forms must be thoroughly completed, including your mobile phone number and address (these must always be current), names and mobile numbers of your emergency contacts, any information about the languages your child speaks and hears at home and any other health or welfare information.
If you have concerns about your child’s enrolment please call the school on (03) 9646 1001 and we will assist you.