Our school council is a collective of parents, teachers, principal, staff and community representatives that supports and enhances our students learning.
The school council has three main responsibilities:
- finance: overseeing the development of the school's annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept
- strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school's strategic plan
- policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect our school's values
Key functions of the school council includes:
- raising funds for school related purposes
- maintaining school grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts
- reporting annually to the school community and the Department
- creating interest in the school in the wider community
- representing and taking the views of the community into account
- regulating and facilitating after-hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school
Want to get involved?
Councillors eligible for re-election in 2020 are Rohan Bentley, Annette Maloney and Victoria Mackey. Councillors continuing are: Simone Cresp, Gareth Lewis and Selby-Lynn Nicholas (parent members) and Katie Klajnblat and Candice Skinner (DET members).
Heather Cunsolo completes her term as a co-opted member at the AGM. There is a co-opted position on Council reserved for a PFA nominee. The current nominee is Bre McGrath. The new Council will fill the remaining co-option vacancy at its discretion.
There are vacancies for three parent Councillors with a two-year term, and one DET Councillor with a two-year term.
|Timeline for the election process||Date (2020)|
|Call for nominations||Friday 7th February|
|Nominations close||Friday 14th February|
|Ballot papers circulated||Friday 21st February (if required)|
|Ballot closes||February at 4pm|
|Poll declared||February at 5pm|
The Annual Reporting Meeting of Council will be on Tuesday 3rd March, 2020. The new Council will take office from that date.